Summer is underway and fun in the sun, splashing around in the pool, and outdoor barbecues are all on your list. The only problem is the pests that will try to get inside. Throughout the summer months, many pests such as ants, flies, gnats, roaches, wasps and mosquitos are more active. So what you can do to keep these troublesome pests from getting inside your home?
- Keep your kitchen counters clean and store food in airtight containers
- Eliminate areas of standing water inside and outside the home especially after heavy rain
- Keep landscaping maintained to eliminate hiding places
- Keep attics and crawl spaces dry and well ventilated
- Replace worn weather-stripping around windows
- Most importantly, call a professional if you already have an infestation. Many pest infestations come with an increased risk of property damage and can carry diseases that could potentially harm children or pets.
- Leave pet food dishes out for too long
- Let trash in trash bins accumulate
- Leave dirty dishes in the sink
- Store firewood against the home
- Ignore cracks or little openings around bottoms of windows around the house
- Let sprinklers spray directly onto the foundation of the home
- Let excess moisture accumulate
- Most importantly, if you already have an infestation, don’t try to do it on your own. Contacting a professional could help you avoid wasting time and money.
These summer pest control tips should help in preventing pest activity in and around your home during the summer months. If you suspect an infestation, contact our pest professionals at Drake Lawn & Pest Control here or call 866-815-DUCK. We are the leaders of quality pest control services in Orlando, FL with over 40 years of combined experience that can keep your summer pest free.